It’s contest time! This contest grew from a discussion in the Facebook group about Pathfinder Character builds that matched characters in other media, specifically the x-men. The goal will be to create a pathfinder character that matches the important powers and theme of the superhero. There are a lot of us who love building interesting characters, so here is your chance to shine and win a prize to boot. Our first batch of characters are the classic X-men. These misunderstood souls are born with abilities that make the people they try to protect fear them. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, Colossus and Storm!
- You can make submissions for as many of the characters as you like, but only one per character.
- The characters you mar choose from are: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel (not Archangel), Beast, Colossus and Storm.
- Submissions should include the following: A Paizo style stat block for the character at first level, a list of character choices per level up to 11th level,
a stat block for the character at 11th levela summary of abilities and powers at 11th level and a background write up for the character similar to what you might see for an important character in an adventure or a pregenerated character.
- Character builds should use Pathfinder Society rules, but feel free to include notes at the end to expand the options for non-society play.
- The contest will run till the end of March, 2014.
- Send submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants should have attended an event or game hosted by the Pathfinder Society of West Virginia and be willing to pick up the prize at one of our scheduled events.
Entries will be judged by a team on non-participants with a score from 1-5 on the following criteria.
- Faithful: Is this character a good representation of the original
- Rules: Clever use of Pathfinder rules in the build and lack of mistakes
- Setting: Has this character’s background been adjusted to fit Golarion’s setting in a seamless and interesting manner
Prizes! I’ve ordered a Heroclix miniature for each of the characters. They will be rebased on custom 1″ bases so they can be used with Pathfinder. The winner for each character will be featured in an article on this blog so the world can see your work. If this goes well, it will be the first of many contests. So get to it! Mojo demands you to entertain the crowds, or else!